Sunday, September 6, 2009

100 Things About Me (part one)

So it has come to my attention, through some other very cool people, that there is a lot that you don't know about me yet. So here is the beginning of the 100 things you may not know about me.

1. I am Buddhist. It's a long story but yes. I firmly believe in Buddhism but I am pretty bad at it. I eat meat, and I kill things; bugs mostly (especially spiders).

2. I bicycle every where I go. Well any where that I can't walk or run to.

3. My diet never really changes. On any given day you could ask me if I had chicken, oatmeal and tuna and 99 out of 100 times I would say yes to all three.

4. I love to swim in the ocean. If I don't do it at least once a week I feel like I have missed out on something.

5. I served in the United States Navy for 9 years and loved every minute of it.

6. I have been to more countries around the world than I have been states.

7. I have two cats that I love to death, Sinatra and Critter. By the way... I hate cats.

8. I may live in San Diego, but I hate being hot. I would rather freeze than break a sweat while relaxing. Good thing it doesn't often get about 75 at my apartment.

9. I used to train in MMA, but after I found endurance sports I was afraid to get hurt so I stopped doing it.

10. At one point in my life I weighed in at 285lbs.

11. I grew up in a very small town in Maryland but it was good country living.

12. I don't have cable TV and I don't really miss it.

13. I do have and love netflix!

14. I will call you to see if you want to hang out but I will never invite myself over. I will never invite myself to anything. I believe that if you want me some where or want my company you will ask.

15. Screaming kids drive me crazy. They make me never want to have sex again.

16. I don't like making choices unless it's what bike course to ride or which run I want to do.

17. I am a great cook but recently I have been eating a lot of microwave dinners

18. I love washing clothes but hate to put them away.

19. I drink 6 cups of coffee every morning.

20. I rarely partake in adult beverages. I just don't find the appeal any more.

21. I own more clothes to train in then I do to wear in normal life.

22. I think my cats are insanely funny even if no one else does.

23. I have no self control when it comes to food that is bad for me. Give me a large pizza or a half gallon of ice cream and I promise you it will be gone in less than one hour.

24. Other than coffee, water is pretty much the only thing I drink.

25. I used to be a manager at a popular night club, that is no more, here in San Diego. While I don't miss working until the wee hours of the morning, I do miss how social it was and how there were no politics.

26. I love photography. I can look at photo's all day.

27. I don't have a favorite color but I wear blue and black all the time.

28. Every day I train I am still amazed that at one point in my life I thought that running a mile and a half was far, and that I now won't even put on running shoes for less than 4 miles (unless my coach tells me too)

29. I have a Triathlon coach, while I know I will never be a pro I do want to be the best athlete I can become, and my coach is amazing.

30. Until last year I didn't know how to swim, I knew how not to drown but not how to swim.

31. Nap time is my favorite time of day!

32. For some reason I don't name things. I have never named a car, or my tri bike... or anything else that isn't alive.

33. I am a cancer survivor but TNT'ers annoy me. I think what they are doing is great but it annoys me.

34. I think Ansel Adams is amazing.

35. I have one sister and three nieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment