Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The ugly beast rears it's head!

So here I am looking 2011 square in the eye. This ugly beast has reared its head with a veracity that I didn’t expect. I now find myself back pedaling, wondering how to tackle this monster. How in the world do I conquer? The last two months since mission bay triathlon has been a roller coaster of emotion. Somehow I acquired, against my will, peroneal tendonitis. It was a sudden onset that still pops ups on runs occasionally. Thankfully I have a genius for a coach who after a few weeks of making me rest forced me to go receive some ART treatments. Originally I was going to head up north to University City Physical Therapy, but after talking to some friends of mine I decided to check out CRAC at Liberty Station with two sessions per week for three weeks he not only had me up and running but had me practically pain free.


Now that I am pain free and back to training fulltime I feel so much more like myself. During the two months of injury correction and the lowest volume of training that I have had in months I must admit I sank to a pretty low place. With every day that slipped by without the training that I knew that I needed for both my physical health as well as my mental health I began to doubt my ability to be successful in 2011. It is amazing how much having your body feeling strong and ready makes on your mental state. It isn’t often that I am not positive. I try to see the silver lining as much as possible but during this time I had the hardest time even making it to a workout. Knowing that I wasn’t able to perform in the manner that I knew that I should be able to was devastating.

But things have taken a turn for the better. As I said my leg is feeling so much better now. This past week I found out that my sponsor, Synergy Sports/Grey Cycling is going to continue to be my lead sponsor in 2011. I am very excited about this opportunity. The more that I work with Synergy/Grey and their product the more I feel like I am supporting a brand that truly makes quality products. Look for a review of the synergy Hybrid wetsuit in the near future. But that is neither here nor there. Synergy is a great company with amazing products that I know when tried you can’t help but fall in love with them.

Other exciting news I just purchased my first road bike today. She is a beautiful Trek Madone 5.2 full carbon bike. For those of you are bike geeks she came equipped with Shimano Dura-Ace STI shifters, Dura-Ace derailleurs with ceramic pulleys, an Ultegra compact crank with ceramic bottom bracket and Ultegra breaks. This beautiful bike fully decked out with my super heavy, bomb proof training wheels still weighs in at less than 18lbs. I am really looking forward to setting out for a ride with the Swami’s group one Saturday in the near future. I have been itching to test my legs against stronger riders and now I will have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment